Carrot muffins make an excellent breakfast treat or healthy snack. These tasty and moist vegan carrot muffins are sure to delight the palettes of vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike. This very simple and tasty carrot muffins vegan recipe is particularly moist and hearty, utilizing both pineapple and coconut.
These tasty vegan treats are also a healthy option, full of high in fiber wheat bran and oats.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
This tasty vegan carrot muffins recipe is easy to assemble, as well as wholesome.
- About 1 dozen regular sized muffins
- Around 25 to 30 minutes
- 40 to 50 minutes
- 350 Fahrenheit
Cooking Supplies Needed for Simple and Tasty Vegan Carrot Muffins:
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 small stainless-steel mixing bowl, for dry ingredients
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Food processor, for blending oats and shredding carrots, such as Cuisinart Food Processor
- Electric mixer, optional. Muffin batter may also be by hand
- 1 muffin pan
- Cooling rack
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- ½ cup old fashioned oats, blended in food processor
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- ½ cup blended pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup dried and shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup cooking oil, such as vegetable or canola
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped and shelled walnuts, if desired
- ½ cup raisins, again, if desired
These muffins are not particularly sweet. For a sweeter muffin increase sugar to 1/2 cup instead of 1/3.
How to Make Easy and Delicious Vegan Carrot Muffins
- Grease muffin pans well, using cooking oil of choice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In small mixing bowl shift together dry ingredients; flour, blended oats, bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix well. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream together wet ingredients using mixing spoon; ground flax seed, vinegar, shredded carrots, blended pineapple, cooking oil of choice, vanilla extract, water, sugar, and shredded coconut. Add ½ cup walnuts or raisins, if desired. Mix ingredients well with hand mixer.
- Mixture will be thick and lumpy. Using spoon, fill well-greased muffin tins almost full. Muffins will not rise much in oven.
- Bake the carrot muffin batter on middle shelf of oven until tooth pick comes out clean when inserted, so around 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pans. Use fork to gently pry carrot muffins from pan.
Make sure to store vegan carrot muffins in an airtight container to keep moisture longer.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Dill Seed – Origins, Uses, Tips
- How To Clean A Deep Fryer
- Peppercorn and Rosemary Crusted Baked Pork Loin: Along with Different Seasoning Ideas for Rubbing on a Simple Roast
- An Easy and Healthy Way to Prepare Fish Fillet
- Chorizo Sabrosito – Style Recipe – Courtesy of Chef Carlos Fuenmayor
- 9 Best Cannellini Beans 
- One of the Best Recipes for Tortilla Soup (Mexican Azteca soup)
- What is Tofu, How it’s Made, and Why we Eat it
- Michigan Apple Harvest: Healthy Goodness
- Are Non-stick Muffin Pans Superior?