This is a great meal to make for a large group and one of my favorite Mexican recipes. This recipe for chicken tortilla soup is great for it’s easy preparation and its distinctive flavors are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
Put broth and tomatoes in a large pot, then pick all of the chicken off the bone and add to soup. Make white steamed rice and and keep separate.
Recommended reading: Best Mexican Cookbooks!
These are the sides that compliment the chicken tortilla soup:
- Chopped green onions (with the best food chopper)
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 limes cut in wedges (to squeeze in soup)
- Avocado sliced with an avocado slicer
- Sour cream
- Chortle peppers (very important, I recommend Embassa)
- Restaurant style chips (lime flavor is the best)
- Flour tortillas
Put desired amount of rice in a large soup bowl, add soup mixture, keep all the sides separate and add to liking. I have made this recipe for up to 15 people at one time and it has been a smash every time. Enjoy this chicken tortilla soup recipe!
For leftovers keep everything separate-the rice will get soggy if you store it with the soup.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Cuisinart Products For Your Kitchen
- How to extend the life of our baking pans
- 10 Best Infrared Grill Reviews And Comparison 2020
- 10 Best Ice Crusher Reviews and Comparison
- Baking Rosemary Herb Bloomer Bread Loaf: Tried and Tested Strong White or Wholemeal Bread With Herby Crust
- Traditional German Christmas Recipes – Weihnachtskekse
- 5 Best Ramekins and Souffle Dishes for your Kitchen
- How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tips to Make Cookie Baking Fit with a Healthy Diet
- 5 Best Cookie Cookbooks for your Kitchen