Recently I prepared my Aunt Vi’s “Zucchini Bake” for a holiday luncheon at work. The next day, I gave the recipe to six people. I’ve been thinking about putting the recipe on Helium, and this clinched it. I tried finding another recipe similar to this one, but I simply didn’t encounter anything similar.
Some people at the luncheon thought it was a frittata. Others believed it was a quiche. I’d say it’s somewhere in between. Nonetheless it makes a delicious addition to any main course meal, or even an ‘anytime’ snack. It can be enjoyed heated up, at room temperature, or even cold right out of the fridge. I guess you could say it’s versatile.
- 4 Zucchini, chopped with the best food chopper or grated
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese
- Cup Vegetable Oil/Crisco
- 1 Small Onion Chopped or grated (*grating adds lots of extra flavor!) (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- Salt/Black Pepper (from your best salt and pepper grinder)
- Parsley Flakes or Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Garlic Powder (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 1 Cup of Bisquick (or just plain flour!)
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Chop or grate(*) the zucchini into small pieces
- Mix in Bisquick
- Beat 4 eggs, then add the following:
- -Grated Cheese
- -Salt and Pepper
- -Garlic Powder
Mix well with the best hand mixer!
Spray baking pan with cooking spray
Place mixture into pan
Let bake until golden brown on top
Takes about 45-60 minutes
When serving, cut the bake into small squares
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!