The following no bake cookie recipe is just as easy to make as any bake oatmeal cookies. The most work that will be done with this no bake cookie recipe is crushing the graham crackers if you prefer to use whole graham crackers over the graham cracker crumbs. This recipe is one my mother made when we were kids.
No Bake Graham Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
If you are using whole graham crackers, crush 14 graham crackers to get one cup of graham finely crushed cracker crumbs. Place the graham crackers into a quart size Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush. (Here’s some vacuum sealers you may like!)
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Once you melt the ingredients, remove from heat. Stir in the one cup of fine graham cracker crumbs. Spread the cookie mixture into an 8 by 8-inch square pan.
Chill until the hardened. Once the mixture has hardened, cut into 36 squares. Once you cut the squares, remove from the pan and place on a plate or platter for serving.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Cookbooks
TIPS For Substitutions
For those who are allergic to nuts, omit the peanut butter and increase the graham crackers by a quarter cup.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Scoops
When using Nutella, you will need to test the amount needed for this substitution because I haven’t tried it with this ingredient.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Sheets
You can substitute cherry, butterscotch, or any other flavored chips in place of the chocolate chips. Also, if you wish to make these no bake graham chocolate chip cookies with more than one kind of chip, just make sure the chips equal one cup.
This is just one form of no bake cookies. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have over the years. We also love making fresh pizzelles in our pizzelle makers!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Surprise Your Guests By Making Salmon and Brie Bake For Brunch
- 5 Best Cajun Cookbooks For Your Kitchen
- Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Mini-Breadmaker Review
- Delicious Garden Cake For Mother’s Day
- Learn About Organic Farming
- Hot, Spicy, Tangy Cajun-Injected Turkey Recipe
- Easy Baking: Basic, Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Sugar-free Baking Techniques for Tasty Treats: Sugar is Sweet but can Lead to the Defeat of Healthy Eating Choices
- 5 Best Potato Cookbooks for your Kitchen