Being on a gluten-free diet doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy delicious baked recipes. There are a number of wheat-free flours and grain substitutes that offer appealing flavor and texture, whether you’re looking for savory dishes or sweet treats.
Recommended reading: 10 Best Gluten Free Appliances for your Kitchen
Here’s a rundown of some of my favorite gluten-free baking recipes.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Even people with gluten intolerance need their chocolate chip cookies! The recipe below – from the blog Cooking a la Mel – uses buckwheat flour, giving it a rich and nutty flavor.
· 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1/4 cup white sugar
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 egg
· 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until you achieve a fluffy texture. Stir in the vanilla extract and egg until thoroughly mixed. Add to the flour until just blended.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Chill the dough for 20 minutes so it’s easier to handle. Scoop onto the baking sheets and press to form cookies 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
Recommended Reading: 25 Gadgets That Make Healthy Cooking Easy
Cheese Quinoa Muffins
If you’re looking for a savory and easy-to-make gluten-free recipe, cheesy quinoa muffins – like this recipe from Healthy Lifestyle Nutrition – might be just the dish for you!
· 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
· 2 eggs
· 1 green onion stalk, chopped (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
· 1 clove minced garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
· ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
· 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
· 2 tbsp garbanzo bean flour
· ½ tsp lemon juice
· 1 tsp olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
· ¼ tsp seasoning salt
· 1/8 tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a muffin pan.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Distribute mixture among muffin cups.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
If you love the sweet taste of banana bread but your diet is gluten-free, don’t dismay. Substituting all-purpose gluten-free flour can ensure you get the consistency and taste you want. This simple and delicious gluten-free banana bread recipe from Little House Living is easy to make.
· 1¾ cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
· 1 tsp. soda
· ½ tsp salt
· 1/3 cup softened butter
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 banana, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan.
2. Mix first three ingredients together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, eggs and banana.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to banana mixture and incorporate until smooth.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
If gooey, chocolaty goodness is tantalizing your baking urges, you can try out this great gluten-free brownie recipe from Ghiradelli.
· 2/3 cup almond flour
· 1/3 cup brown rice flour
· 1 cup Ghiradelli chocolate chips
· 6 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
· ½ tsp. salt
· ¾ cup sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment across the base and two sides.
2. Blend almond flour with rice flour in a bowl
3. Place chocolate, butter and salt in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth and melted. Let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and stir after each addition.
5. Add flour mix and blend until moistened. Then mix with 40 more brisk strokes.
6. Fill the prepared pan with batter.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Run a bread knife along the unlined sides of the pan to separate brownies from pan.
9. Lift the parchment paper edges to remove brownies.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Kitchen Sinks for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Grilling Cookbooks For Your Kitchen
- Prepare Delicious Harvest Breakfast Bread
- Make Your Own Healthy Cheesecake
- What are Modern Kitchen Colors?
- Best Commercial Ice Makers Review 
- Tips For Baking Great Sugar-free Desserts
- Toaster Oven Specifically Designed For Baking
- Ingredients of Middle Eastern Cuisine
- No-Bake, Diabetic Friendly Pumpkin Pie Recipe