An Easy and Decadent Bar Cookie Recipe
Lemon Creme Bars are so delicious; they’re one of the best uses for sweetened condensed milk. The lemon bars are kind of like Oatmeal Carmelitas in lemon form.
Please use freshly-squeezed lemon juice in these bars, not bottled. It really does make a difference in flavor and texture too. I also don’t like using lemon zest in these bars, as some recipes do, because it interferes with the silkiness of the filling.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Enjoy these bars; tuck them into lunchboxes and serve them for dessert after dinner.
Lemon Creme Bars
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice and mix well with wire whisk. Set aside. In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly. Press half of these crumbs into a 13″ x 9″ pan. Pour lemon mixture over and top with remaining crumbs. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until crumbs are light golden brown. Cool completely and chill before cutting into bars. Store in refrigerator
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 10 Best Food Slicers for Your Kitchen (2020)
- A Simple Thanksgiving Turkey
- 10 Best Non-Stick Frying Pan Reviews (2020)
- Review of Aldi Brand Product: Sweet Harvest Apple Sauce
- 10 Best Electric Frying Pans for Your Kitchen (2020)
- Hearty Baked Macaroni and Cheese: Cheeses and Meats Make the Beloved Dinner Favorite Brand New Again
- 5 Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
- Quick & Easy Vegan Baking: Fall Pumpkin & Pecan Cookie Recipe
- 5 Best Can Crushers for your Kitchen
- Happybuy Commercial Ice Maker (B07LG82F81)