Gorgeous Cake for a Crowd
Sheet cakes, or cakes baked in a 9×13″ baking pan or 10×15″ pan, are perfect for summer entertaining. The cakes are quick and easy to make and they serve a crowd. They’re also much easier to serve and eat than layer cakes, so are ideal for buffets and outdoor parties. Each 9×13″ cake, cut into 2″ pieces, will serve about 24 people.
This easy summer cake is especially good, with ground almonds and crushed pineapple in the batter, and a cream cheese frosting accented with pineapple-orange juice (made with the best juicer).
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
As always, measure flour correctly for best results, and be sure to beat the cake batter for the required amount of time. Then pay attention to doneness tests for the perfect dessert for your summer party. Enjoy!
Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp. pineapple-orange juice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 13×9″ pan with nonstick baking spray with flour and set aside.
In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/2 cup pineapple-orange juice, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs and almonds; beat until combined, then beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
In large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter and beat until fluffy. Add 3 cups powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. pineapple-orange juice and beat well. Add more powdered sugar and juice as needed for desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake. Serves 24
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Cheese Graters for your Kitchen
- A Few Tasty Ideas To Get You Started on the Path of Healthy Lunches
- 5 Best Cuisinart Mixers For Your Kitchen
- 4 Fall Foods You Need To Deep Fry
- 5 Foods Made from Leftover Chocolate Easter Bunnies
- How To Clean A Popcorn Machine
- What Does Box of Cake Mix Contain?
- 5 Best Kitchen Oil Sprayers for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Chinese Cookbooks
- 5 Best Whiskey Stones for your Kitchen