You are going to learn how to make a soup that is known as Saffron Noodle Soup. I was taught how to make this soup while taking a culinary class back in college. What I discovered when learning about this dish is that it is something I wish I knew about when I was dieting. This soup has everything going for it. It is a very low in fat soup that takes very little time to make.
A quick glimpse at the finished product will leave you intrigued. This is because the Saffron Noodle Soup has a lot of wonderful flavors and colors that tie together so well. Follow the short guide in how to make this soup and be pleasantly surprised.
Saffron Noodle Soup:
- 5 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 4 scallions, sliced into rings (you can use the best electric spiralizer)
- 2 zucchini, cut into batons
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 4 oz rice noodles
- Ground black pepper
- Finely chopped garlic chives, to garnish
The most important key to making this dish has to deal with the preparation. You will need to give yourself about ten minutes to prepare all of the ingredients. The cooking process itself is rather short and will not take you that much time to do. A lot of people think that preparing the ingredients means the actual cutting process. What I want you to do is make sure you wash all your vegetables as well to ensure that you eliminate any potential chemicals that might be on them. After you have done this, you are now ready to prepare your meal.
Prepare the ingredients the way I explained for you to do. Pour the bouillon into a large pan and add the soy sauce. You will then bring the bouillon and soy sauce to a boil. Crush the saffron with a mortar and pestle and stir it into the bouillon. Continue to stir everything together until you feel that the ingredients have been properly mixed. After you have done this, you are ready for the next step.
Add the scallions, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, and rice noodles to the saffron bouillon mix. Bring all of your ingredients to a nice boil. You will then need to cover the pan and allow it to simmer the soup for about 5 minutes. I sometimes find that the cooking process may take a bit longer. If this is the case, just keep an eye on your soup to make sure that nothing burns and that the sauce does not evaporate. You will then season the soup to taste with ground black pepper and serve immediately in warm bowls. Finish the dish by garnishing it with the chopped garlic chives.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- How to Use Ground Beef, Chicken or Turkey Recipes to Stretch Your Food Budget
- 5 Best Vacuum Insulated Food Jars for your Kitchen
- Healthy Egg Free Baking Options: Cooking Without Eggs in Baked Goods
- Best Corned Beef Brisket with Potatoes and Cabbage 2 Ways
- Gumbo File – Origin, Uses, Tips
- Crispy Peanut Brownies
- Panasonic SD-YR2500 Bread Maker Review
- 10 Best Vacuum Sealers of 2020
- Tips How To Sell Your Baked Goods
- Helpful Organizing Preparation In The Fall For Holiday Season