If you like a moist and easy to make dressing, this is the recipe for you! I haven’t baked dressing in the oven since using this recipe that i concocted. This recipe will make enough for a good sized crowd, 10 12 people. It can easily be halved if you want to put it in a 3 quart crock pot.
- 1 loaf of white bread ( torn in pieces)
- 1 loaf of wheat bread ( torn in pieces)
- 1 15 0z. can chicken broth
- 1 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- t/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sage seasoning
- 2 teaspoons. poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- Saute onions and celery in butter : then pour over bread pieces in large mixing bowl
- Add all the seasonings and mix real good.
- Add enough broth to moisten the bread, add eggs: mix well.
- Lightly spoon into greased slow cooker, about a 5 to 6 quart size
- Cook, covered on low setting for 4-8 hours, adding broth occasionally.
You can find more great crock pot recipes in our picks for the Best Slow Cooker Cookbooks!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Spicy Vegetable Goulash
- Family Recipe: Awesome Applesauce Muffins
- 10 Best Candy Thermometer Reviews And Comparison 2020
- 5 Best Microwave Carts for your Kitchen
- 10 Gifts for Pizza Lovers in 2020 (Fun and Awesome!)
- [5-Pack] Glass Meal Prep – Bento Box
- NuWave Brio 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer
- 20 Gifts for Ice Cream Lovers in 2020 (Fun and Awesome!)
- 4 Mouth-Watering Fall Bread Recipes
- How to Peel Sweet Potatoes the Easy Way