The key to fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day feast is to have lots of tasty food with lots of green color. You can accomplish this with some ready made green treats such as serving up lime sherbet or sorbet sprinkled with green sugar. Other cold green St. Patrick’s Day treats could include Pistachio ice cream (made in your ice cream machine), Mint chocolate chip ice cream, green koolaid or limeade, or any cake with green food coloring added to perk up the frosting.
Use limes in your St. Patrick’s Day Recipes as garnishes. Use mint leaves and organic green lettuces in your St. Patrick’s Day recipes as plate garnishes also.
Think green green green for St. Patrick’s Day recipes! Perhaps serve a platter of sliced kiwi with little dabs of whipped cream. (Here’s some awesome spiralizers to use!)
Honey dew melon drizzled with Crème de menthe liqueur. Key Lime Pie certainly has hints of green! Instead of fresh squeezed lemonade make your St. Patrick’s Day menu include freshly squeezed lime aid. From green celery sticks to green napkins to green frilly cocktail forks, to parsley, the more green the more St Patrick’s Day spirit will abound in your St Patrick’s Day appetizers and foods.
Below are 3 recipes for a St Patrick’s Day Artichoke Spinach dip served with Irish soda bread. The Irish soda bread will be readily available at your grocer’s bakery department the days leading up to St Patrick’s Day. Another recipe for a fun green St Patrick’s Day drink, lime-aid! And of course the most important of all is the corned beef and cabbage and potatoes, traditional St Patrick’s Day recipe fare— however this has a great twist— forget babysitting the stove, do it all in a roasting bag that’s vacuum sealed for less mess and a super succulent perfect meal! (Here’s some vacuum sealers you may like!)
Irish Soda Bread Spinach Artichoke Dip
This hot dip recipe works well with Irish soda bread. Here’s how you make it:
1 (8 ounces) package of cream cheese, softened
1 package ( 10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Spread cream cheese into bottom of 9 inch metal or disposable aluminum pie plate. Set aside. In food processor, mix spinach, artichokes, and mozzarella cheese until creamy and well blended. Pour mixture into pie plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve on a platter surrounded by cut pieces of Irish Soda Bread. Garnish edge of plate with fresh baby spinach leaves to give a wreath like appearance.
St. Patrick’s Day Limeaid Recipe
4 medium sized limes
3/4 cup white sugar
2 quarts cold water
Juice the limes in an electric citrus juicer for maximum juice squeezed. Don’t use lime juice concentrate, using fresh lime juice is the key to a great St. Patrick’s Day recipe for limeade. Pour the lime juice into a 2 quart pitcher and stir in sugar. Then add water as you continue stirring. Thoroughly chill before serving or serve immediately over ice.
Tips: You can serve limeade in a punch bowl and garnish with thinly sliced limes, just double or triple this St. Patrick’s Day recipe.
To make any St. Patrick’s Day party a success, be sure to have some corned beef and potatoes and cabbage and lots of it! The aroma alone will contribute to the St. Patrick’s Day spirit!
Mouth Watering St. Patrick’s Day Corned Beef Cabbage And Potatoes
This St. Patrick’s Day recipe is super easy and super tasty because you don’t have to baby sit the stove! Just use an oven roasting bag (the same size for turkey) and get it all in the bag and the rest is a breeze!
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 7 pounds)
- 5 pounds of potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 2 heads of cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 pound bag of carrots, peeled and tips and roots removed.
- peppercorn spice (comes packaged with the brisket)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of water
- In large oven roasting bag place the beef brisket.
- Surround the roast with the cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
- Sprinkle the peppercorn spice over the brisket while in the bag.
- Slice the butter into small pats and distribute in the bag
- Add water to the bag and seal roasting bag according to package directions.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 2.5 hours. (The box the roasting bag comes in contains a booklet that tells exact cooking times for various sizes of meat if you buy a different size roast)
Enjoy your fun and festive savory St. Patrick’s Day recipes and food!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Winter Foods: What’s Considered a Winter Food?
- Butternut Squash Baked Spaghetti: A Baked Spaghetti Recipe with A Butternut Squash Sauce
- How to Make the Perfect Chinese White Sauce
- 5 Best Braun Blenders for your Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Lunch Recipes: Turkey Soup and Turkey Sandwiches
- Three More Tools Under Ten Bucks That Will Help You Bake More Professionally
- Some Other Conventional Ways to Spice Up Your Turkey’s Taste Using a Turkey Airfryer
- 5 Best T-fal Cookware Sets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Chili Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Need to step up your cookie recipe’s flavor? Add more butter!