One dish meals help to make both the cooking and the cleanup easy. The stuffing portion of this recipe can be produced up to a day ahead of time, making it easy for busy cooks to assemble and bake. With all four food groups represented, and the ability to change up the flavors simply by changing the type of bread used, this is dish is full of flavor.
An Italian dish dating from the 15th century, true Bruschetta is an oiled and grilled bread, with or without toppings. Olive oil is spread on the bread before grilling, and variations include toppings with tomatoes, cheese, herbs and meats. Typically used as an appetizer, Bruschetta and its variations have been enjoyed around the world for many years.
The topping for this dish, is Bruschetta inspired. The elements of the Bruschetta are involved, but rather than grilling the bread with toppings, the bread and its accompanying ingredients become the topping. Olive oil, tomatoes, cheese and basil come together to make this dish rich and satisfying. Baked in the oven, it can be made year round.
Easy Stuffing Recipe
The topping for this dish, is a basic, dry stuffing recipe that can be made ahead of time. While stuffing is traditionally used inside of the bird, this stuffing recipe is combined with tomatoes and olive oil and left on top of the chicken. (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
This keeps the chicken from drying, and provides a moist, flavorful dish.
Were this topping to be used on it’s own, it could be simmered on the stove with chicken broth and a few teaspoons of olive oil, or stuffed inside a bird. Any variety of bread can be used to enhance the flavor of the meal.
- 12 Slices of Bread
- 4 Stalks of Celery
- 1 Large Yellow Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 200 degrees for approximately 10 minutes
- The bread should dry out; not toast or brown
- Rip the bread into small pieces, and place in a large bowl
- Dice the celery and pepper and mix in with the bread and seasonings
- Set aside
Chicken Bake Recipe with Bruschetta Topping
- Dry Stuffing Mix
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 lbs of Boneless Chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 3 Cloves of Crushed Garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small baking dish, arrange chicken pieces and top with shredded cheese and basil
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and stuffing and mix well until stuffing is moistened
- Place stuffing mixture on top of the chicken and bake for 30 minutes
- Serve hot
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Easy Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole with Spiraled Potatoes Recipe
- The Most Important Quality of a Good Muffin Pan
- Review of NordicWare Baking Products
- Tasty Cookies Recipe Without Using Baking Soda
- ‘Tis the Season for a Fabulous Christmas Brunch
- Baking a Bake Is Fun And Stress Free! Tips for Beginners
- Amazing Low-Fat Banana Bread Recipe
- 5 Best Stainless Steel Microwave for your Kitchen
- Tasty No Bake Snickers Bar Recipe
- Egg Replacement in Baking: Vegan Baking Without Eggs