This recipe for Corn Stuffed Squash is one I’d like to share with all of you. It is a very easy yet elegant recipe for fall and the upcoming Spring.
I used fresh whole kernel corn, and mixed it with the “meat” of the hard-shelled squash. I also added onions, garlic, and my special Broccoli Pesto Sauce. I also toasted the seeds from the squash in a little olive oil and added some seasonings to make them tasty and crunchy. They look pretty sprinkled on the top of the stuffed squash. But they can also be omitted if that is preferred as well.
Anything stuffed like potatoes, bell peppers, and squash is always an easy recipe to double or triple for company, so that also makes it a great recipe to turn to this holiday season.
I hope you like it!
- 1 Squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup onion, diced (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- 2 cloves garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 3 tablespoons Broccoli Pesto Sauce
- Olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- Salt, pepper to taste (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- Dash onion powder
- Dash cayenne
- Parmesan cheese, optional
Remove seeds and strings from squash; rinse seeds, separating them from the strings. Discard strings. In 2 tablespoons olive oil, fry the seeds with onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper until brown and crispy; remove from skillet or electric wok and set aside.
Microwave squash for 10 minutes or until flesh is tender. Scoop out flesh from squash and mix with onion, bell pepper, garlic, pesto, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper. Add to skillet, and cook until heated through and lightly brown on the bottom. Stuff into squash halves and top with seeds; bake in 9×13 pan in 375 degree oven until heated through, soft, and seeds are fragrant; about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 2.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Bake Amazing Pumpkin Pie for Vegans
- Spice Up Your Baked Potato!
- Simple Steps to Better Baking
- 5 Best Toaster Bags for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Portable Espresso Makers for your Kitchen
- Can’t Fail Cheesecake Recipe
- 5 Best Saute Pans for your Kitchen
- Do You Really Need an Extended Warranty Program for Your Oil Less Turkey Deep Fryer?
- 5 Best KitchenAid Blender Reviews And Comparison 2020
- What Does Box of Cake Mix Contain?