A light soup, with delightful green vegetables – see if you can enjoy just one bowl.
- 2 medium shallots
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 bulbs of Kohlrabi
- 20-24oz chicken tortellini
- 20-24oz of “culinary” chicken stock
- 24oz of water
- Teaspoon of olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- Celery salt (to taste) (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- Sprig of fresh parsley
This is a simple recipe, in truth it was the very first time I cooked Kohlrabi. Frustrated by the blandness of winter vegetable selections, I found an interesting looking vegetable which is grown locally, the German for “cabbage turnip,” kohlrabi is a member of the extensive cabbage family.
Recommended reading: Best German Cookbooks
Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat, add chicken stock. Thinly slice shallots and add to stock, slice celery into 1/4 ” thick pieces. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the thick skin from the kohlrabi and proceed to dice into small cubes with a boning knife, the leaves of the kohlrabi can be saved for another recipe as they are good for stir-frys. Immediately add the cubed kohlrabi to the stock, the entire process should have taken 7-10 from the start, now it is time to add the ground pepper and celery salt and cover the pan, turn the heat up to medium-high for 5 minutes. It will be time to add the chicken tortellini, and depending upon the size of the tortellini they should cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes and stir periodically. Remove from heat and garnish with Italian cheese and fresh parsley.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Bake Cookies with Kids: Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies that Kids Can Make
- Four Chocolate Squares Recipe
- 5 Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
- 5 Best Aprons for your Kitchen
- Best Design – Monbento MB Original Bento Box
- 5 Best Cacao Powder Reviews 2020
- 5 Best Baking Mat Sets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Wall-Mount Sink Faucets for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Plastic Wrap for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Viking Cookware for your Kitchen