You will need
- 2 medium winter squash (I prefer acorn for their slightly nutty flavor)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 5 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped with the best food chopper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly
- ground pepper
- Start by halving the winter squash, and discarding the seeds and pulp. Slice off small pieces from the bottom of the halves so that they lay flat on the baking sheet and plate.
- Toast the cumin and allspice lightly in a slightly warmed frying pan, just enough so that it becomes fragrant.
- Warm the honey in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, until liquid.
- Put olive oil and half of the honey in the squash halves, mixing it and rubbing it along the outer edges.
- In a bowl, mix the raisins, spices, mint, salt, pepper, and the rest of the honey together. Toss thoroughly.
- Add the tossed raisins into the squash bowls, and bake in a preheated oven at 400-degrees F for 1 hour – 1hr 15min.
- Allow 5 min cooling time before serving.
Serve with rice pilaf or French bread slices.
If reheating, do it in the oven and not the microwave.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 11 Best Balsamic Vinegar Reviews & Comparison 2020
- 10 Best Deep Fryers of 2020
- 3 Best Ninja Air Fryers (2020 Guide)
- 5 Best Food Steamers for your Kitchen
- 10 Best Broiler Pan Reviews And Comparison 2020
- The Tastiest Hummus Recipe Around
- Send Your Special Baked Recipe to Your Relatives
- 10 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets for your Kitchen
- Using Soda Pop When Baking
- 5 Best Glassware Sets for your Kitchen