One of my favorite summer desserts has always been strawberry shortcake. As a child, my mother served this delightful treat once a week in the months when strawberries were in season. Though she was not much of a baker, her recipe was a semi-homemade version that was delicious none-the-less. Here is my version of her yummy strawberry shortcake. It is quick and easy recipe with no baking required. It’s sure to be a favorite of children and adults alike.
Recommended reading: Best Cake Cookbooks
You will need
- A package of packaged shortcake cups (usually found in the bread aisle of the grocery store)
- A basket of Fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup of Sugar
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- White chocolate shavings (optional)
This recipe will serve 6. You can tweak the recipe to make more or less as needed.
Recommended reading: Best Cake Decorating Kits
The first thing you will need to do is make the strawberry filling. Slice your strawberries into thin slices and place them in a large bowl. Pour in the sugar and lightly fold it into the strawberries. Cover your bowl and place it in the refrigerator for an hour or two. The sugar will meld with the strawberries and create a natural syrup and fruit mixture. If you are health conscious, you can skip this step and use the fresh strawberries as is after they are sliced.
Open your package of short cake cups and remove the desired amount. Arrange them on a plate or serving platter. Fill each cup with a heaping spoonful of the strawberries.
Cover each shortcake with a heaping pile of whipped cream or whipped topping. Vanilla ice cream is also delicious if you would prefer to use that.
If desired, finish off each shortcake with white chocolate shavings.
That’s it! You now have have a delicious strawberry shortcake dessert without slaving over the oven for hours. Enjoy!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Steamed Crab Roe Dumpling Recipe – Compliments of Chef Rolf Knecht of the Grand Hyatt Shanghai
- A Few Tricks How To Create Amazing Baked Ornaments
- 5 Best Meal Prep Bags for Your Kitchen
- 5 Best Butcher Chopping Blocks for your Kitchen
- How to Make an Easter Bunny Cake: Bake this Cute Easter-Themed Dessert
- 5 Best Baratza Coffee Grinders for your Kitchen
- How does a greaseless turkey fryer work?
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe: Turkey and Bacon Ravioli
- 3 Best Hot Chocolate Mix Brands (2020 Guide)
- Top 10 Dutch Oven Soup Recipes