Jordan Marsh Department store in Massachusetts is long faded into retailing history. The only memory I have of Jordan Marsh is of their blueberry muffins overflowing with plump blueberries and sweet goodness. Saturday mornings were spent waiting in anticipation of our friend’s arrival carrying the Jordan Marsh blueberry muffin box. All of us gathered around a box of the best blueberry muffins enjoying coffee and conversation that was when the weekend began.
In my effort to recapture the blueberry muffins of my youth, I have experimented with many different blueberry muffins recipes all with disappointing results on the taste buds of my memory. I was ready to give up my quest for ever finding happiness again in a blueberry muffin, when I discovered Trader Joe’s Vanilla Cake and Baking Mix. Here is my recipe for the closest I’ve come to recreating the taste and texture of those sinfully delicious Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins:
To make the blueberry muffins assemble the following:
One full package of Trader Joe’s Vanilla Cake and Baking Mix and follow directions for making the cupcakes that is on the side of the box. I replaced the full cup of cold milk with ½ cup of cold milk and ½ cup of blueberry preserves. I also added another full cup of fresh blueberries. Fill a paper lined muffin tin with the mixture and sprinkle course sugar over the tops of the muffins before baking. Bake at 400 degrees for 17 minutes. Let cool completely before enjoying.
I finally created a blueberry muffin that brought back all the fond memories of the Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins from my childhood. Blueberry muffins with just the right amount of blueberries, crunchy sugar top and texture, a winning combination on the taste buds.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Out of the Woods and into the Kitchen with Wild Mushrooms
- 5 Best Blendtec Blenders for your Kitchen
- Speedy Cooking – Marrow & Red Bean Veggie Bake: Five Minute Vegetarian Marrow and Beany Bake Supper Dish
- 5 Best Teapot Warmers for your Kitchen
- Top Baking Tips for No-Bake Cookies
- 5 Simple Chicken Tips (and 2 awesome recipes)
- How To Come Up With Name For Your Baking Business
- The Best $10 Deposit Online Casinos
- 10 Best Meat Slicer Review []
- Three Healthy Cookies Recipe