Looking for a healthy and quick dinner recipe, try this sweet grilled peach salad. Preparation time is approximately 15 to 20 minutes and all ingredients can be found at your local market.
- 1 package (6.5 oz) of sweet butter lettuce mix
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- ½ cucumber slices (cut them in the best spiralizer)
- ½ cup of ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- 4 tsp of honey
- 2 tbsp butter- melted
- 2 oz of plain sunflower seeds – optional
- Cooking spray for your grill
Mix lemon juice, black pepper, salt and 2 tsp of honey into a separate bowl; slowly pour in the EVOO and mix ingredients together to make your dressing.
Recommended reading: Best Grilling Tools and Accessories
Grilling The Peaches:
Mix 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tsp of honey into a small bowl, melt for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Once this mixture is melted, dip your peaches in for a glazed coating before placing them on the grill. Use an indoor grill, for example a grill similar to a George Foreman to lightly grill your peaches, make sure to use cooking spray so that peaches do not stick. Preheat your grill and place peaches on the grill for approximately 1-2 minute(s) on each side, remove from grill and place on a plate to cool.
Note: If you do not have an indoor grill, you can lightly pan sear your peaches on the stovetop by placing the glazed peaches into a skillet for about 4-5minutes or until peaches are a light golden brown color.
Combined lettuce and cucumbers with cooled grilled peaches into a large salad bowl.
Pour dressing mixture over salad and top with crumbled ricotta salata cheese; add sunflower seeds for a crunch.
Recommended reading: Best Grilling Cookbooks
Serve and enjoy!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Contemporary Kitchen Interior Ideas
- What Can You Add to Improve the Taste of Heinz Baked Beans? Read on.
- Cornstarch Substitute — Ultimate List of Top 12 Options
- A Look at the Bread Lover’s Cookbook!
- 5 Best Great British Baking Show Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Sugar drop cookies anyone?
- Thanksgiving Leaf Pie Recipe
- Christmas Decorating and Baking with Your Children
- 5 Best Russian Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Meat Dishes Served Directly On the Table in a Tagine