Nearly everyone is trying to eat healthier these days and baked chicken is one way to do that. However, just because baked chicken is a healthier alternative doesn’t mean it has to be boring, bland and tasteless. This is a very simple recipe that requires just a few minutes of preparation before being popped into the oven.
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves of garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 1 tablespoon of herbs
- Olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil the bottom of a glass baking pan.
Peel and mince 3 cloves of garlic and place in a shallow bowl.
Add a tablespoon of dried herbs such as rosemary, oregano or basil. Use fresh herbs if possible. If using fresh herbs, use 2 to 3 tablespoons because dried herbs have a stronger flavor.
Stir in 1/2 cup of olive oil, along with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix all the ingredients together.
Remove the chicken breasts from the package and trim off any fat if necessary. Dip them into the olive oil mixture and place into the baking pan. Drizzle any leftover herbs and olive oil over the chicken breasts.
Place pan in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes. Turn over the chicken breasts and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
At the end of the baking time, check the chicken and make sure it is done. The juices should be clear and there should not be any pink in the chicken. Never, ever eat pink chicken because that can lead to food poisoning. Another thing to remember is to use separate cutting boards for the chicken and the herbs.
Serve the chicken with a vegetable and side salad for healthy dinner.
*Use any leftover chicken to make chicken salad.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- 5 Best Paula Deen Cookware for your Kitchen
- How To Clean A Deep Fryer
- 5 Best Potato Mashers for your Kitchen
- Stress Free Christmas Baking Tips
- Tasty Slow Cooker Dressing for Thanksgiving
- My Introduction to the Bain-marie Cooking Method
- A Super Easy Way to Make an Awesome Thanksgiving Turkey
- Awesome Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe
- How to lose weight eating cookies
- 5 Best S’mores Makers for your Kitchen