Change up your holiday routine this year and plan an Easter Brunch, rather than the same old, holiday dinner. One of the standout dishes and highlight of any Brunch is always the baked casserole. Use this easy, delicious and very adaptable casserole recipe to make your Easter Brunch extra special this year!
Easter Brunch Casserole
- 5-6 slices of bread – torn into pieces or cubed
- 1 cup chopped, cooked meat
- 1 cup shredded cheese + extra
- 6 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- Any thing else you’d like to add
In a medium-sized bowl, whip together eggs with shredded cheese and milk, then add salt, pepper and mustard to taste (I tend to put a lot of mustard in for the flavor!). Stir in your choice of cooked meat – as well as any other ingredients. Pour liquid mixture over top of bread pieces in casserole dish. Press down on the bread pieces so that they evenly soak up the egg mixture. Sprinkle over top with extra cheese.
Place in oven and bake at 350 until puffed and golden, between 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes to cool, then dig in to this delicious casserole!
There are so many ways that you can make this recipe your own, suiting it to your personal tastes or by using the ingredients you have on hand in your kitchen.
For bread slices, try using various kinds. I’ve used: wheat, multigrain, hot dog buns, muffins, white, day-old/stale, French, homemade bread-machine bread, oatmeal bread… whatever is on hand will work fine! It will all bake and become soft and eggy very soon.
For shredded cheeses, try using: cheddar, pepper jack, Monterey jack, Colby, mozzarella, or mixed cheese combinations
For mustard, try using: yellow, spicy brown (my favorite), Dijon or other specialty flavored mustards
You may also choose to omit any meat or additional ingredients if you simply want to make a plain egg and cheese casserole; or, omit the meat while adding additional vegetables to make this a vegetarian delight.
This delicious egg casserole will turn out to be golden brown, and very fluffy and delicious. You might want to make a second pan, since the first casserole won’t last very long. Expect to hear compliments after your guests have eaten this dish.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- No Bake Recipes for Your Kids
- 5 Best Pizza Pans for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Retro Toasters for your Kitchen
- The one key fact behind baking cookies you need to be aware of
- Must Have The Anchor Hocking 2 qt. Glass Batter Bowl
- 5 Best Brew Kettle Sets for your Kitchen
- Best Quality – Original BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle
- Baked Pears with a Secret Twist: A Healthy Treat for Autumn Evenings
- Making Your Baking Healthier
- A Few Good Ideas What to Use Cinnamon For