- 8 ounces of extra virgin coconut oil or coconut butter*
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of raw agave nectar or raw honey
- 1 whole banana (optional)
- 3 – 4 strawberries, sliced
If refrigerated, allow the coconut oil to sit out until it becomes soft. Peel the banana, then place it in a glass and mash it with a fork until it becomes a paste. Run a hot tap over a stainless steel mixing bowl until the mixing bowl is hot to the touch. Dry it with paper towels, and before it cools scoop the coconut oil into the bowl – the warm bowl should cause the coconut oil to melt. When the coconut oil is easy to mix, add the cacao powder, agave nectar, and banana. Mix all ingredients well using the best hand mixer. Cover mixing bowl with aluminum foil and place in refrigerator for at least two hours. After two hours, the mix should be solid. With a knife, slice chunks from the bowl and place in serving cups. Garnish with strawberries or other fruit, and serve.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
This dish is high in saturated fat from coconut oil, but not the saturated fat we are all taught to fear. Coconuts are high in medium chain triglycerides – a kind of saturated fat that is easily digested and used to support a healthy immune system, nervous system, and digestive tract. In this dish, the saturated fat helps to time release the sugar from the fruit and agave nectar or raw honey into the bloodstream. This way, it does not cause blood sugar levels to suddenly spike. Agave nectar itself is touted as a low-glycemic load food due to its low glucose levels, so these two ingredients make these truffles recipe great for individuals with diabetes.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Top 5 Best Bread Machine Reviews And Comparison
- 5 Best Vacuum Insulated Food Jars for your Kitchen
- Baking with Flaxseed Part 2
- How to Cook for a Large Family: Chicken Pot Pie
- 10 Best Baking Sheets Review & Rating (2020)
- Waldorf Salad Recipe
- Baked Apples Made While Camping
- Should Cabinets Match Throughout the House?
- Three Healthy Cookies Recipe
- 10 Best Carbon Steel Woks for Your Kitchen (2020)