This is a very simple to make recipe that results in a gooey chocolaty dessert bar that is delicious plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
With only 5 ingredients it is a perfect recipe for youngsters to use to learn about baking.
This recipe will use almost, but not all of one 15 oz package of chocolate oreos with chocolate cream centers ( if a few cookies disappear, don’t panic) .
Begin by removing the chocolate cream centers from the cookies. Place the cream centers on a plate and put the plate in the best compact refrigerator until you need them.
Preheat oven to 350
Mix these ingredients together
- 1 ½ cup crushed chocolate oreo cookies
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
After mixing well, place in a 9×13″ glass pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven with best oven mitts, let cool 5 minutes.
Place chocolate cream centers across the top of the warm mixture
After about 10 minutes the cream centers will have melted enough that you can take a spatula and gently spread across the top like icing
Let cool before cutting with the best kitchen utility knife into squares
Africa produces the most chocolate
Residents of Switzerland eat more chocolate per person per year than anywhere else
At one time cocoa beans were used as money in Mexico
Cocoa plants can grow to 25′ tall
The ripe cocoa pod is about 8″ long and contains 25-40 seeds
The first Hershey bar was made in 1900.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Simply Asian: Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 5 Best WearEver Cookware for your Kitchen
- Indian Dessert for Halloween
- 5 Best Shun Knives for your Kitchen
- LEVOIT 2 in 1 Humidifier & Diffuser for Your Kitchen & Home
- 5 Best Canned Clam Chowder for your Kitchen
- Coffee Cake Kids Can Bake: An easy coffee cake recipe kids can bake with rave results
- Make Your Homemade Bread That Is Healthier, Cheaper and Tastes Better
- 4 Delicious Fall Sous Vide Recipes
- Enjoy This Great Boiled Fruit Cake