The human body is an amazing vessel. To keep it running at peak performance, high quality fuel is necessary. The science of Natural Hygiene promotes the concept the body possess everything it needs to clean, heal and maintain itself. With the proper nutrition, the body does blossom and flourish just like flowers in Spring.
Eating healthy raw foods has proven to be a great way to renew the body, mind and spirit. Variety is the key to enjoy these foods. Burst into Spring with this meal for either a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Carrot Juice Blend
The combination of this blend is a great appetite buster before any meal.
- 4 large carrots
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 apples
Wash and slice fruits and vegetables. (Here’s some awesome spiralizers to use!)
Feed them through the juice extractor.
Enjoy. Serves 1-2
Recommended reading: Best Juicers
California Power Salad
This is an excellent pick me up or energizing salad.
- 3 cups lettuce, any combination (romaine, butter, red leaf or salad bowl), chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/8 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped with a food chopper
- 1 cup sprouts, any combination (alfalfa, mung bean, sunflower, or lentil)
- 1/4 cup avocado, cubed or sliced with an avocado slicer
- 1/8 cup carrots, sliced thinly
- 1/8 cup broccoli, chopped florets
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds or cashews
Wash all vegetables. Put in a salad spinner to dry off moisture. Put olive oil in a large salad oil. Put lettuce, spinach and red cabbage into salad bowl and toss with olive oil until lightly coated. Place the cucumber, tomato, sprouts, avocado, carrots and broccoli in layers on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle sunflower seeds or cashews on top. Serves 1-2
Creamy Avocado Dressing
Use dressing on Spring and Summer greens or as a vegetable dip.
- 1 avocado
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
Peel avocado and mash in a small bowl. Add garlic, dill, sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended. Add water gradually mixing until smooth and creamy or add all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy.
Alternatively, you can throw all the ingredients in a salad dressing shaker and it does the work for you!
A fruit salad is an excellent alternative to traditional desserts.
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup honeydew melon
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup grapes (red, green or any combination)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Cube or slice melons and pineapple. Place fruit in a large bowl. Wash and add remaining fruit. Note: wash strawberries in sugar water to help them retain their natural sweetness. Serve salad plain or with fruit dip.
Make your fruit seem like a real dessert with this dip.
- 1/2 cup fresh apple juice
- 7-8 pitted dates
Wash and slice 1 apple. Process the apple through the juice extractor. Put dates in a blender or food processor. Add apple juice and puree. Serve on fruit.
Recommended reading: Best Juicing Books
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!