Nothing beats a great cup of hot coffee in the morning to get you going, or during the day when your body says ‘nap’. When you have coffee leftover, don’t stress because there’s lots of ways to use it.
Coffee for Baking
When making anything chocolate such as a chocolate cake or amazing brownies, replace the liquid with coffee for a pleasant change and to add richness. The flavor is mildly tweaked and gives any box dessert a homemade taste.
Don’t forget icing! Chocolate icing is brought to a whole new level when coffee is added. One stick of butter melted with six ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, blended with one pound of powdered sugar and enough coffee to make it smooth and spreadable; it’s literally sweet!
Coffee for Cooking
Coffee adds a unique flavor to many sauces and dishes. Red-eye gravy is one southern kitchen favorite that’s made with black coffee. The Washington Post recently printed a recipe using coffee in bar-be-que sauce. Add to chili, beef stew, and as a marinade for steaks, ribs and beef.
Check out our picks for the best cold brew coffee makers!
Non-food Uses for Coffee
Leftover coffee is often used to dye fabrics, repair scratches in furniture and to water acidic-loving plants such as violets. Some people use coffee as a key ingredient for facials and as a natural way to dye graying hair and fabrics. Coffee is also claimed to be a great deterrent for ants and other unwanted insects. Just pour around the foundation of your home.
Just as you shouldn’t cry over split milk, don’t fret over leftover coffee as there are many ways to put it to good use.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Tasty Slow Cooker Dressing for Thanksgiving
- Different Fresh Pumpkin Baking Methods
- Baking Tips for Clueless Beginners
- Cost-Cutting Biscuits Made From Scratch
- Baking a Bake Is Fun And Stress Free! Tips for Beginners
- Tips for Baking the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking White Ruffy or Tilapia Recipe
- 5 Best Salad Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Thai Cookbooks for your Kitchen
- Bake Cookies with Kids: Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies that Kids Can Make