Fall brings to mind apples and Halloween treats. The season is full of activities that keep you on your toes. Here are some recipes that don’t require you to cook. Just cut, dice, mix, throw together and viola, you served up a delicious fare.
- 5 lb bag of your favorite apples. Yellow or Gala apples are good.
- Large can of Pineapple Juice (Dole is good)
- 8 oz pck cream cheese
- Rinse apples under water for several minutes. Core and quarter them or slice them thin if preferred (Here’s some awesome spiralizers to use!)
- Put in a large container with lid and add the pineapple juice
- Soften cream cheese and mix until creamy for a dip. Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
The apples will keep in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Great for snacking, parties, tailgaiting and kids!
No Bake Eclair Cake
- Any tube or bundt pound cake or any yellow cake freshly made from the bakery.
- Small box of french vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of cold milk
- Hot fudge Ice Cream topping
- Make the vanilla pudding using the instructions on the box.
- With a sharp knife cut the cake in half. (sharpen your knife with an electric knife sharpener)
- Then cut a trench like indention all around the bottom half of the cake and spoon in the pudding.
- Carefully put top half of cake back over the bottom layer.
- Heat the hot fudge ice cream topping in the microwave for a few seconds or until hot and bubbly.
- Spread over cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
You can freeze the cut out portion of cake and use for parfaits or to make fruit desserts.
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 1 can drained mandarin oranges
- 1 pt.Cool Whip
- 1 small pack of orange jello
- Mix jello and cool whip with a KitchenAid mixer
- Mix in cottage cheese and fold in the oranges.
- Chill overnight
- Sherbet Ice Cream
- Orange Soda
- Pour cold soda in a glass or cup and add a 1 or 2 scoops of Sherbet Ice Cream
- Lime Sherbet
- 7 UP Soda
- Pour cold soda in glass or cup and add 1 or 2 scoops of Lime Sherbet
- One small Cabbage Shredded thin and chopped
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion (Here are some great onion choppers for you!)
- One medium Bell Pepper chopped
- One grated small carrot
- 1 small banana pepper seeded and sliced
- 1-2 tbsp sweet salad cubes or to taste
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2-3 tbs of Dukes Mayonnaise or to taste
- Toss vegetables and mix in mayonnaise. Serve
- Create to your own taste by adding olives, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet pickled vegetables or what have you.
- 4-5 large tomatoes diced
- 2 large bell peppers
- 5-6 pickling size cucumbers
- 1 medium onion chopped with onion chopper
- 1 small zucchini squash (optional)
- 1/3 cup of Vinegar
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tbs of olive oil (Here’s some olive oil dispensers you may like)
- 1/4 tsp of oregano or your favorite herb
- salt and pepper to taste (Check out our recommended salt and pepper grinder sets!)
- 1 tsp of sugar (optional)
- dash of hot pepper sauce (optional)
Mix all together and drain excess liquid
Hint: Any leftover vegetables will work. Whatever your taste.
Recommended reading: Ultimate Guide to the Best Electric Spiralizers
Rye Bread Sandwich
- Cajun spiced Turkey breast slices
- Provolone Cheese
- 1-2 slices of Tomatoes
- Rye Bread
- Layer turkey and provolone cheese onto a microwave safe plate. Heat in microwave until cheese melts.
- Toast the Rye bread in the best 4-slice toaster
- Spread bread with your favorite mayonnaise
- Put layer of lettuce, layer of tomatoes on top.
- Then layer of the heated turkey and melted cheese
- Top with the toasted bread.
This is good served with sun chips and a fruit cup of fresh fall apples, red grapes, navel oranges.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!